Read about:

Saturday 1 June 2013

Taste of Egypt

I was walking uptown Saint John, around 8 PM, looking for something to eat, when I walked past taste of Egypt. I'd read about it online- it came highly recommended- and figured that it had been a while since I'd had Middle Eastern food anyway, so I decided to head on in and order some takeout.
The restaurant is very nicely decorated, and would make a great setting for a date, family dinner etc. But what really impressed me, before I even had my food, were the staff: they were so friendly and personable, that it was the kind of restaurant I wanted to come back to just to support a local business, and chat with the personable staff.

I'm really not an expert on Middle Eastern Food, so it's hard for me to comment on the authenticity or quality relative to other restaurants. I had the Key of Life Plate. The price, 19ish dollars plus tax, seemed steep, but there was so much food that I had it for dinner the next day as well, which did impress me. Certainly, it would be enough for two to share. The plate consisted of rotisserie chicken on humus, with a small salad. The food, at last takeout, was served with pita rather than utensils. For those unfamiliar with this style of dining, you basically scoop up the the food in the pieces of pita.
I thoroughly did enjoy the meal, although I think maybe rice would have been a good side to come with it.
 Overall, I expect to be back; I'm anxious to try other dishes. My only caveat is that, even if you do get a lot of food, you probably won't get away without spending 15 dollars or more, so make sure sure that you're hungry!

Taste Of Egypt on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment