Read about:

Sunday 30 June 2013

Café Archibald

I was excited to get back to Moncton to try out some new food. I don't really get out to Moncton as often as I do some other Maritime communities, so I was quite excited to get cracking on my list of places to try. After doing some research, Café Archibald came out on top of that list. The reviews were good, and crêpes seemed like just the right food for the evening, so I headed out. Their downtown Moncton location (there's also one in Dieppe) is a quaint little building on Mountain road. The staff were friendly, attentive, and very bilingual. I was impressed by the menu- a wide variety of things to try, with very reasonable prices. My pick was the French Crêpe, which consisted of black forest ham, asparagus, green onions and hollandaise sauce. I'm sad to say that I was actually really disappointing by this one- the combination sounded great, a lot of my favourite things, but the execution wasn't all there. The crêpe itself was good, but I found the hollandaise sauce lacking in flavour, and the asparagus pieces cut too small to really discern from the green onions, of which there were far too many. The whole thing actually left a bit of a poor taste in my mouth. Certainly, I would consider trying Archibald again. The staff were friendly, the place was nice and I really appreciate the bilingual service. I would, however, avail myself of one of the many other menu items; hopefully these are the ones all of the positive reviews were based on. Cafe Archibald on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment