Read about:

Sunday 30 June 2013

Andre's Pizza

I first went to Andre's a few years ago while staying in New Glasgow. At that time, I didn't know that there was a special Pictou County pizza, so we went in to the "seats" area and ordered individual meals. The food was fantastic- I still remember the taste of the maple curry chicken penne, a fantastic combination of flavours that we tried to replicate at home many times. Dessert was also fantastic- admittedly, I can't recall what the dish was called, only that it was some sort of chocolate cake that was amongst the best I've had. Last year, when I found out about Pictou County having a unique pizza, I went back to try it. The pizza is fantastic, a blend of cheeses and great pepperoni on really good crust. *Update: I had the good fortune of a friend thinking of me when passing through Pictou county this week, and bringing back some Andre's. The cheeses are fantastic, as I remember, blending really nicely together. The pepperoni is of a higher quality than you would find at a chain pizza place. The sauce, as is the way in Pictou county, is a brown sauce which I've been told is onion-based. The pizza is definitely spicier than it is in other places, with this great smokey after-taste. Overall, this is my favourite spot to eat in New Glasgow. The food is fantastic, and,if you eat in, it's decorated pretty neat, with ticket stubs on the tables from shows all over the continent. Andre's Pizza on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment