Read about:

Saturday 1 June 2013

Sense of Tokyo


Having read so many good things about Sense of Tokyo, I was anxious to give it a try. It's easy to be skeptical about this restaurant; I certainly was. When sushi is bad, it's bad, and I like to avoid going to any place that's not recommended by someone I know. It also seems really out of place where it's located, and had me wondering if maybe I was in the wrong spot.

As it happens, my skepticism was not at all warranted. On the inside, the restaurant was stylish, and the service was quick, friendly, and attentive. I ordered one of the obento boxes (around 17 plus tax), which came with miso soup, green tea, a variety of sushi and dumplings, a hand roll (or a small noodles), and ice cream. It's a lot of food, and if I were to have it again I'd probably order the noodles instead of the handroll, just for variety's sake. I'm not an expert on sushi or Japanese food at all- but I have had my fare share, and I can say that this is a restaurant I would take people to to impress them. Everything tasted fresh (you can see it being made behind the bar), and was very pleasing to the eye. The sushi was really flavourful, and the dumplings were good. I was also a big fan of the soup, and the green tea ice cream The staff were also super attentive, bringing the next course just when I finished the last.

I'll probably bring a few people next time and order a variety of different rolls; that being said, the obento was more than enough food, and offered a really good variety of sushi.

Sense of tokyo on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment