Read about:

Tuesday 13 August 2013

Cha Baa Thai

Thai food seems to be popular as of late, with restaurants opening up in several Maritime cities. I'd heard many good things about Cha Baa, and so on a recent trip to Dartmouth made a point of stopping in for some Thai food. You'll notice two things when you first walk in: the decorations are great, very tropical and festive, and the place is packed. It seems to have become quite popular; at the Dartmouth location I went to, I wouldn't be surprised if it's become a favourite lunch spot in the industrial park where it is located. Although I've had Thai food before, I haven't been to many places with as extensive of a menu, and there were many options I didn't recognize. I was definitely not the only person there with that experience, as I overheard many people asking the staff the same questions I did- is this spicy? The staff were very friendly and accommodating, and after a few questions I chose the Massaman curry combo, with a fresh spring roll. I must say, the food was delicious. The massaman curry is more sweet than spicy (although I still found it had a kick to it), and you can definitely taste the coconut in it. The spring roll was also delicious- a good upgrade for only 50 cents more. What's more, the costs were quite reasonable- mostly in the 10-15 dollar range for lunch. I hope that Cha Baa's popularity is an indication that it will stick around for a while, because it has definitely been added to my list of favourite places in metro. Cha Baa Thai on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment