Read about:

Saturday 27 July 2013

Paddy's Pub

A few weeks ago, some family members were traveling around Nova Scotia, and came home telling me they had a few places I just *had* to review. While working in the area this week, I had an opportunity to try one of these- Paddy's Pub and Rosie's Restaurant, in Wolfville. Paddy's has a great location right on Wolfville's main drag (protip: you can also park around back and enter through that door, as we did). Coming in through the back, the first sight I saw was a cooler of growlers, filled with a variety of brews. Since I was just stopping in for lunch, I didn't get the chance to try any of them, but there was a wide variety available and the prices, of growlers at least, were reasonably priced. The menu at Rosie's includes a wide selection of locally-produced and house-made products, including local beef, restaurant-made sausages, and local cheese. Many of the sauces appear to be made in-house as well, including the dill veggie dip, an option offered in place of fries for no extra charge. I chose a hamburger with local Havarti and local beef, with bacon and house-made garlic aioli. When it came, I took the burger apart, trying each individual component. The cheese had a good, subtle taste and melted nicely; the hamburger was tasty and juicy, and the aioli was nice and creamy, without being overpowering. As a combination, it's absolutely fantastic, and came in at under 15 dollars. I very much enjoyed my meal, and the service was friendly and quick. After chatting with a few people about the restaurant, I've heard that pretty much everything they do tastes fantastic, especially the meals which include their home made sauces. Local food, good services and great prices? This place is fantastic, and well worth a visit! Paddy's Pub on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment