Read about:

Friday 20 September 2013

Sakura Sushi

Sakura Sushi has been on my "must return there" list for a while, and so I was glad to have an opportunity to pop by on my last trip to Metro this Summer. Now, Sakura is tucked away in a little, unassuming plaza in Bedford; when you walk in, however, you're greeted by a well decorated restaurant, complete with Sushi bar. The staff are quite friendly, and there's a fairly good menu. On my last trip, I selected a bento box with salmon, salad, miso sound and sashimi. The box was moderately priced, and came with three different sashimi. My coworker chose one of the sushi lunch combos, which was a little on the pricier side, but allowed for a choice of three different rolls for about fifteen dollars. The food is good, nicely prepared, and tastes great. Sakura is definitely one of my favourite sushi places. The only constructive criticism I can give is that I wasn't blown away with the lunch specials- I like variety in a combo, and it seemed like they were pushing to either have a large amount of sushi, or a large amount of sashimi. The bento boxes are offered with sushi as one of several sides, along with sashimi or dumplings, to accompany teriyaki meat or seafood. I would personally have preferred an option that allowed for a sashimi, a sushi and dumplings or something else crunchy- a nice balancing of taste and texture. That said, the food was great, and it's certainly a good spot for lunch for anyone who likes sushi, and for those who are trying it for the first time and want to try something that's good quality.
Sakura Sushi House on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment